The Dopey Meacham Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dopey Meacham

2 posters

Yankees vs. Blue Jays -- Time to clinch

robiewood
    robiewood

Yankees vs. Blue Jays -- Time to clinch - Page 2 Empty Re: Yankees vs. Blue Jays -- Time to clinch

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm

Best part of this is that the Sox have just been eliminated.
    Robie J
    Robie J
    Admin

Yankees vs. Blue Jays -- Time to clinch - Page 2 Empty Re: Yankees vs. Blue Jays -- Time to clinch

Post  Robie J Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:08 pm

robiewood wrote:John Sterling has declared the playoff hunt over.

I thought John did that three weeks ago.
    Robie J
    Robie J
    Admin

Post  Robie J Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:09 pm

robiewood wrote:Best part of this is that the Sox have just been eliminated.

So the Rays won too? It will be interesting to see how we try not to win the division.
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:09 pm

Heard Susan's interview with CC. That was exciting.

So do we just play the subs or try to win a few games?
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:13 pm

Four games to go. Does anyone really need any rest? wouldn't it be better to get some winning going now? Like, maybe sweep the Red Sox in Boston. That would get the Yanks feeling better about themselves.

Did you hear about this Ken Burns thing (10th Inning). Can't be watched -- look's like it's a tribute to the 2004 Red Sox.
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:15 pm

Jeter says he didn't want to go to Boston needing to win any games. Has he turned into a loser?
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Can't believe my only shot at the Post Game is Susan. Terrible interviews.
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:22 pm

"We win the game and that is all that is important to me."

The venerable Robinson Cano.
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:23 pm

Testing!! Testing!! Anyone out there???
    Robie J
    Robie J
    Admin

Post  Robie J Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:24 pm

robiewood wrote:Four games to go. Does anyone really need any rest? wouldn't it be better to get some winning going now? Like, maybe sweep the Red Sox in Boston. That would get the Yanks feeling better about themselves.

Did you hear about this Ken Burns thing (10th Inning). Can't be watched -- look's like it's a tribute to the 2004 Red Sox.

Yeah, as soon as I heard he made that specifically for the Red Sox and of course the steroid era (did he include Manny and Big Poppi?) I knew I'd stay as far away as possible. Burns is the quintessential new england liberal red sox fan.

By the way, I had to do some digging but I seemed to find a rebuttal for Sterling's less than two out, runner on third theory on baseball reference: http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/split.cgi?t=b&lg=AL&year=2010#on 3rd, lt 2 out

Seems like the Yanks are pretty high up in most categories. But who needs stats.
    Robie J
    Robie J
    Admin

Post  Robie J Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:25 pm

robiewood wrote:Jeter says he didn't want to go to Boston needing to win any games. Has he turned into a loser?

I told you they were pressing.
    Robie J
    Robie J
    Admin

Post  Robie J Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:26 pm

robiewood wrote:"We win the game and that is all that is important to me."

The venerable Robinson Cano.

If he wins the MVP I think you should buy his t-shirt.
    Robie J
    Robie J
    Admin

Post  Robie J Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:28 pm

On the flipside of all this recent losing the experts all seem to be giving the Yanks no shot at winning it all.
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:28 pm

Robie J wrote:
    robiewood wrote:Four games to go. Does anyone really need any rest? wouldn't it be better to get some winning going now? Like, maybe sweep the Red Sox in Boston. That would get the Yanks feeling better about themselves.

Yeah, as soon as I heard he made that specifically for the Red Sox and of course the steroid era (did he include Manny and Big Poppi?) I knew I'd stay as far away as possible. Burns is the quintessential new england liberal red sox fan.

By the way, I had to do some digging but I seemed to find a rebuttal for Sterling's less than two out, runner on third theory on baseball reference: http://www.baseball-reference.com/leagues/split.cgi?t=b&lg=AL&year=2010#on 3rd, lt 2 out

Seems like the Yanks are pretty high up in most categories. But who needs stats.

Listening to John now. Both John and Susan are in the clubhouse now. Sounds like Swisher is very glad to be a Yankee.

robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:32 pm

Robie J wrote:On the flipside of all this recent losing the experts all seem to be giving the Yanks no shot at winning it all.

That's good. I like that. That may work out for us.

Although, we don't appear to have a #4 pitcher. Could be, Burnett would start and the pen would pick up the pieces as long as we can score some runs.
    robiewood
    robiewood

Post  robiewood Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:35 pm

Robie J wrote:On the flipside of all this recent losing the experts all seem to be giving the Yanks no shot at winning it all.

John and Susan are wrapping it up. Susan doesn't care that we are only the wild card.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon May 06, 2024 4:51 pm